Sunday, May 3, 2009

Earnest Query...

So, I've been asked to speak in Sacrament meeting next week on Mother's Day. Topic? Mother's Day. I am bracing myself for the inevitable fact that this assignment will bring with it an unneccessarily difficult week of mothering, requiring me to do some extreme soul searching and brain racking to find worthwhile things to say (yes, I'm being brutally honest- but doesn't it always happen that way?) I'm just being real- anyone who knows me KNOWS that I adore my children, in spite of all their sneaky, loud, irrational naughtiness.

So I'm asking, simply said, what is the BEST part of being a mom and the MOST DIFFICULT part of being a mom? Please reply. I need feedback. You'd really be doing me a service here, folks. You might even get a shout-out. Yes, you could be famous among the throng of Victor Falls Ward-goers. Please help me. Don't make me beg.

Thanks friends.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The best part is hearing her laugh with pure joy.

The other day I put her in time out and she started saying mommy, crystal, mommy, crystal. So I looked at her and she had the biggest cheesy grin on her face. I was already trying my hardest not to laugh because of her calling me Crystal, but the grin pushed me over.

The hardest is when she cries non stop and I really just want to cry and go somewhere padded and quiet.

You will do fine talking. You are an amazing woman and mom!

Goff Six Adventures said...

I think one of the best parts is watching our kids discover something new - the look of awe & wonder in their eyes is so precious! Big hugs are my favorite thing my kids could give me!

The hardest is when they are sick & I can't just kiss it better! I don't sleep, worrying that they might need medicine, or may throw up.

Another hard thing is watching them grow up - seeing the moments where they don't need my help anymore...from just getting dressed, to being able to go to a friends house to play and not having had to arrange a play date or accompany them to it!

Can't wait to hear your talk - you'll do great!

The Dorsey Family said...

Oh motherhood...

I would say the best part are treasuring those tender moments...for example: while getting ready in the bathroom one morning, Brynn comes in with music(Brooks shortly following), instead of hurrying to get ready we just dance and sang our hearts out to the music. I wish I could bottle up that moment and keep it forever.

Another good part is learning to laugh and play with the kids. Letting the housework go and laugh at their little quirks or the silly things that they do. Get on the floor and wrestle, play make believe with them, make a journal of the "kids funny quotes" and specify what kid along w/ the date and context.

The hardest...keeping calm in crisis and perfecting my ability to count to 10! I will say though that w/ #3 when I see a crisis (obviously not life threatening) if I step back for a picture, I realize it was not as big a deal as I originally thought. It brings a little perspective to the grand scheme of things.

Hope that helps. I'm sure you already have a bunch of GREAT ideas. Good luck Sunday!